Start Date 12/1/2006
End Date 9/28/2009
In progress: 13/87
Home & Family (3/9)
1. Get my studio-space clean and keep it that way for 30 days
the fitted slipcover for sofa and accent cushions
3. Paint something for the bathroom
4. Decorate my bedroom
5. Throw Mom an awesome 50th birthday party weekend (completed 6/18/07)
6. Take Mom on a cruise (completed 6/14/07)
7. Develop a FLYlady morning routine and stick with it for 30 days
8. Develop a FLYlady evening routine and stick with it for 30 days
9. Create an herb spiral barrel for the back patio
Work & Finance (2/12)
10. Clean off the miscellaneous papers on my desk and keep it clean for 30 days (in progress)
11. Take care of 2004 back-log (completed 12/6/06)
12. Take care of 2005 reconcilliations
13. Pay off the Dell account
14. Pay off the Mastercard
15. Build up a savings account equal to three months living expenses (in progress)
16. File my receipts and keep them filed for 30 days
17. Sell something on Ebay again
18. Finish Project:SC
19. Design the e-c project
20. Catalog the DD inventory
21. Implement the Window Dressing project
22. Exercise once a week for a month (completed 1/29/07)
23. Exercise twice a week for a month (in progress)
24. Exercise three times a week for a month
25. Lose 25 pounds
26. Lose 50 pounds (total)
27. Lose 75 pounds (total)
28. Get another eye exam (completed 7/13/07)
29. Get contacts again (completed 7/27/07)
Entertaining & Travel (5/12)
30. Throw an Inner Child party
31. Throw a dinner party for no reason at all
32. Throw a SaTC slumber party
33. Throw a surprise party for someone
34. Take a weekend trip to Savannah, GA
35. Get a passport (completed 4/25)
36. Camp out on the beach
37. Have a leisurely trip to Disneyworld
38. Visit the West Coast (completed 2/14/07)
39. Spend a night in New York City (completed 12/22/06)
40. Visit berylq in Georgia (completed 4/22)
41. Go on a Random Road Trip
Hobby: Art (1/11)
42. Participate in Illustration Friday for 13 weeks straight
43. Participate in Illustration Friday for 26 weeks straight
44. Participate in Illustration Friday for 39 weeks straight
45. Participate in Illustration Friday for 52 weeks straight
46. Create one piece of actual art from sketches to completion a month, total 6 pieces.
47. Create a webcomic, take it to 52 installments (completed 12/11)
48. Alter “Belladonna”
49. Alter that old teaching guide
50. Alter my old textbooks
51. Alter a cookbook
52. Complete “The Artist’s Way” course
Hobby: Scrapbooking (0/4)
53. Complete second Disney Trip from 2004 album.
54. Organize all photos into albums, even if not strictly scrapbooked.
55. Organize supplies, guiltlessly get rid of those I just won’t use.
56. Attend a crop with my laptop and printer as my supplies.
Hobby: SCA (0/2)
57. Finish DeHerre reproduction. (in progress)
58. Start and complete a scroll on vellum using period pigments.
Hobby: Web (1/5)
59. Redo SoL homepage (in progress)
60. Redo RPS into DD
61. Finish .php books and exercises
62. Finish .css books and exercises
63. Re-do wireless network WITH security in place (completed 7/19)
Hobby: Writing (2/11)
64. Finish Wedding Tarot (in progress)
65. Edit Wedding Tarot (in progress)
66. Create Wedding Tarot deck (in progress)
67. Find an agent for Wedding Tarot
68. Finish Autonomy
69. Edit Autonomy
70. Seek publication for Autonomy
71. Write and illustrate a children’s book (in progress)
72. Begin the apartment book project
73. Have a freelance article published (completed 7/9/07)
74. Win NaNoWriMo ScriptFrenzy! (completed 4/30/08)
Hobby: Music & Dancing (0/7)
75. Restart dance classes.
76. Choreography for Marco Polo
77. Complete Bedlah (belt, bra, skirt, pants, jacket, accessories)
78. Order Harp theory book
79. Take Harp lessons
80. Be able to play and sing one song simultaneously (in progress)
81. Sing karaoke
Hobby: Knitting (0/4)
82. Knit a sweater and actually wear it! (in progress)
83. Knit 5 pieces of jewelry
84. Knit another beaded bag
85. Finish purple sweater and donate it
86. Tiffany & Co. link bracelet
87. Mac mini with DVD burner (completed 1/8/07)
88. Finish out the Charmed dvds
89. Finish out the Gilmore Girls dvds (in progress)
90. Set of James Bond dvds (in progress)
91. Free-standing mirror for the corner of my bedroom (completed 12/5/08)
92. Jewelry Armoire
93. mp3 player (completed 12/25/06)
94. Find the 32 Tallahassee Letterboxes
95. Letterbox in another city (completed 11/08)
96. Letterbox in another state
97. Create and place my own letterbox
98. Re-read the ‘programmed classics’
99. Go through bookshelves; if I haven’t read it, read it or give it away
100. Organize and back-up my music collection
101. Become comfortable and proficient with my pendulum (completed 11/08)
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past – frequently simple goals such as new year’s resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
Some common goal setting tips:
1. Be decisive. Know exactly what you want, why you want it, and how you plan to achieve it.
2. Stay Focussed. Any goal requires sustained focus from beginning to end. Constantly evaluate your progress.
3. Welcome Failure. Frequently, very little is learned from a venture that did not experience failure in some form. Failure presents the opportunity to learn and makes the success more worthy.
4. Write down your goals. It clarifies your thinking and reinforces your commitment.
5. Keep your goals in sight. Review them frequently, and ensure that they are always at the forefront of your thinking.Pin It