Sure, this recipe was actually sent to me for a Halloween promotion, but a good apple cider(ish) drink can carry you through the entire winter season in fine form and I think this one would work well cold, as presented, or sans ice and on the warm side.
Basil Hayden’s® Spiced Apple Brew
Created by Thomas Waugh (New York, NY)
- 1 ½ parts Basil Hayden’s® Bourbon
- 1 ½ parts cool Lapsang Souchong Black Tea
- 1 part Apple Juice
- ½ part Lemon Juice
- ½ part Simple Syrup
- 1 dash Angostura® Bitters
- 1 slice of Ginger
- 1 Apple
- 2-3 sprigs of Mint
1. Muddle small slice of fresh ginger in a cocktail shaker.
2. Add Basil Hayden’s® Bourbon, black tea, apple juice, lemon juice, simple syrup and bitters over ice and shake.
3. Strain into a tall highball glass over fresh ice.
4. Garnish with a fan of apple slices and mint sprigs.
***This recipe was submitted by a representative of Basil Hayden. I am not affiliated with the brand nor was I compensated for this post, not even with review samples. As always, we encourage responsible refreshment and the use of the Designated Driver. No drunk monkeys, please!***