Imagine teamed up with CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration to solve their June 1st Case File. I used to participate with CSI as a digiscrapper, but it’s been a few years since I was last on that site. And now, as part of the Imagine team, I needed to drag out my old school supplies to go back to basics for a traditional scrapbook layout!
Case #231 is super hero-themed, and it just so happens that the 2017 Rose Parade was also super hero-themed, and we had Duncan with us, so I had perfect pictures for this assignment.
The fun twist to the CSI challenges is that it’s more than merely a sketch and/or color scheme (though that’s part of it). To solve the case you have to use at least three pieces of “evidence” (that would be elements or supplies) and give appropriate “testimony” (aka journaling, and they give you prompts to choose from).
As per my usual these days, I ran video for this layout (considering how long it’s been since I’ve done a physical scrapbook page, this is right up there with historical documents!). Take a gander to see how I planned out the page and put the various pieces together.
The supplies in my CSI kit were:
- All-Purpose Ink: White, Red Delicious, Ultramarine
- Delicata: White Shimmer
- Memento Luxe: Nautical Blue, Love Letter, Dandelion
- Memento Markers: Desert Sand, Tuxedo Black
- Fabrico Markers: Pale Aqua, Truffle, Poppy Red
- On Point Glue
- Paper: khaki, red, white, yellow chevron (DCWV)
- Stamps: Geek is Chic (My Favorite Things), Woofers & Tweeters (Paper Smooches), Make a Wish (Studio Calico), Speech Bubble (unknown), Clickable Typewriter Alphabet (Contact USA, I think…), Foam Stamps (Making Memories)
- Paint Brush
- White Gelly Roll Pen (Sakura)
- Embellishments: Star brads (unknown), Epoxy brads & Camera clip (Paper Studio), Metal letter brads (JoAnn Scrap Essentials), Ribbon and Twine (Dollar Tree?), Wooden starburst (Michaels?)
Adhesives: Create a Sticker 150 (Xyron), Tape runner (Home & Hobby)
- Cutters: Scissors & Paper Trimmer (Fiskars), Craft Knife (Xacto)
- Upholstery Needle
- Adhesive Pick-Up Block
- Acrylic Block
- Bone Folder
One thought on “Scrap With Me: CSI Case File #231”