I had a lot of fun working with my new tools from Stencil Girl and used them to put together a mixed-media canvas. It started with an acrylic paint base and then–why I don’t I show you, instead.
As you can probably guess, I took my biggest inspiration from the peacock feather stencil and chose colors that worked with that idea. I was more amused than I necessarily should be that I turned the dancing figure into a fan dancer, but it worked (I think?).
Once I had all the basic layers in place, I ended up leaving it on my work table for almost a week, trying to decide how to finish it. The overall look was really bright, which is not my usual goal, and I wanted to add a stamped phrase but I wasn’t sure of the best way to do that at first.
I ended up adding a couple layers of ink buffed over the creative medium bits to highlight the textures and then stamped the message onto vellum, applied it with the Shimmer Artist’s Medium, and called it done!
Here’s the full product list for this project
(any amazon links are affiliate links, thank you for supporting this blog!)
- Creative Medium – Shimmer, Metallic Gold, Iridescent Purple
- Palette Knives
- Radiant Neon Amplify! – Electric Coral, Electric Yellow, Electric Green, Electric Blue
- Brilliance – Moonlight White
- Delicata – Celestial Copper
- Memento – Elderberry
Stencil Girl Products:
- Loose Woman #1 Small (S418)
- Rembrandt’s Words Small (S262)
- Ornamental Peacock Feathers (S392)
- Stone and Mortar Version 2 (S375)
- 10×10 canvas
- Acrylic Paints – Dioxazine Purple, Cadmium Yellow Dark Hue (Studio 71); Cobalt Blue Hue (Liquitex Basics); Palm Leaf (Plaid Apple Barrel)
- Paint brushes
- Acrylic Blocks
- Stamps – Stamper’s Anonymous (similar arrow, similar footsteps)
- Heat tool
StencilGirl’s Facebook page and Imagine Crafts’s Facebook page
on Monday, July 24th.
- Mary C. Nasser
- Janet Joehlin
- Gwen Lafleur
- Carol Baxter
- Jennifer Vanderbeek <<You Are Here
- Nadine Carlier
- Roni Johnson
- Mischelle Smith
- Sandee Setliff
- Karen Gaunt
- Cindy Gilstrap
- Tina Walker
- Neva Cole
- Kyriakos Pachadiroglou
- Renee Zarate
- Elina Stromberg