With just over 200 days to go I admit the wedding is looming larger in my thoughts. Seems like just last week I was writing up the 8-month list, and now, well, 7 months is awfully close to 6 months and 6 months is practically nothing in wedding time!
In other words: I’ve got to get on the ball!
The experts seem to suggest that 7 months is one of those limbo months, no hard and fast to-do’s other than what’s left from the 8-months and on, but I beg to differ. Seven months out seems the perfect time to knock out some serious DIY!
To that end, allow me to suggest some projects that would benefit from some attention if you, as well, are rapidly approaching 200 days out!
- Research any vows, readings, or rituals you want included in your ceremony and begin to draft your wedding program in preparation of meeting with your officiant.
- Purchase the necessary liability insurance if you venue requires it and you have no homeowners policy to attach a rider to. Some policies can’t be purchased more than a year in advance, and now’s a good time to take care of the necessary paperwork before logistical meetings with your venue really heat up.
- Start shopping for non-perishable supplies for your OOT (out-of-town) bags, favors, bathroom baskets, survival kits, etc. While this depends on how much storage space you have to devote to wedding stuff, stock-piling now means less rushing around later. At the same time, beware buying larger-ticket items until your guest list is more firm.
- Planning on paper or other non-fresh flowers? Get started on them if you haven’t already. If for no other reason than to figure out just how many you’ll need. Don’t forget about altar decorations or arrangements Â for any buffet or cafe tables during cocktail hour, in addition to the usual centerpieces.
- Start planning out your invitations if you’re designing them yourself. This would also be a good time to brush up on your calligraphy if you planned to hand-address your envelopes.
Essentially, ladies, it’s time to seize the moment and get what we can done now before time slips away from us. Before we know it, we’ll be in a double-digit countdown to the big day and we want to get there with as little stress as possible, yes?
What’s on your to-do list this month?
Do you feel like you’re ahead of the game or falling behind?